Loofah Soap Dish Duo
This Bamboo + Loofah Soap Dish Duo is perfect to store bar soaps/shampoo/conditioner or sponge for a low waste household.
NEW DESIGN: silicone nodes on the bottom of the bamboo dish to prevent mold from building up on the bottom
As bar products are essential to zero waste living, we purposely designed our soap dish with two layers - one layer directly touches the soap and the other collects water. No more mess. This design will ensure your shampoo and soap bars dry and your countertops and bathtub ledges clean from soap residue.
When in contact with water, the loofah soap cushion will expand. It also saves up bits of soap and shampoo/conditioner for easy lathering.
- bamboo is not only sustainable but one of the fastest growing plants. It uses little water to grow, self-replenishes, requires no pesticides, fertilizer, or irrigation & more economical than other woods.
- simple and elegant design
- quick-drying and durable: bamboo is less likely to crack compared to other wood materials.
- place soap on top of the loofah cushion
- avoid soaking the bamboo tray in water
- throw the loofah soap cushion in the compost bin or backyard
- repurpose the bamboo tray for gardening, crafts, and other creative projects
- check city's waste management info before disposal. Bamboo can be classified as recyclable or garbage depending on cities' recycling capabilities
- If unsure, always consider composting in backyard over throwing into the garbage.
- rinse with water after each use and wipe to dry
- dry once to twice every week and alternate with a different soap dish
- use water-vinegar solution to clean mold
- place away from high heat or flames
note: oil the bamboo tray to reduce the potential of cracking if you regularly submerge your soap dish in water.